There are several types of stock trading account available for HLeBroking service provided by Hong Leong Investment Bank in Malaysia.
ValueTrade is a type of cash upfront account in which you can only buy with cash in trust account, with the advantage of low brokerage fee of 0.106% (including GST) and also interest to cash in trust account above RM1,000 at the rate of slightly lower than fixed deposit rate.
PowerTrade is a type of collaterized trading account which allows you to trade up to 2x cash in trust account and 2x share collateral value.
1Trade is a hybrid trading account that combine the best of both ValueTrade and PowerTrade. For 1Trade:
- If your purchase contract is fully covered by cash in trust account, the brokerage fee is 0.106%, same as ValueTrade.
- If you sell within T+3, your selling brokerage fee is also 0.106%.
- If you sell within T+4 and T+7, your selling brokerage fee is 0.1908% if the transaction amount is above RM100k, less than that the brokerage fee is 0.4028%.
- If you purchase without cash upfront, the brokerage fee is still 0.106% for day trading. If you don't sell within the same day, your brokerage fee will become 0.1908% (transaction amount is above RM100k) or 0.4028% (transaction amount is below RM100k). There will be force selling after T+7 if you still haven't settle the contract.
- If you do day trading, the brokerage fee for both buy and sell transactions within the same day is 0.106%.
- Regardless how the transaction is done, the minimum brokerage fee is RM8.48 including GST.
- Enjoy low brokerage rate for day trading and T+3 cash upfront buying.
- Enjoy the flexibility of 2x trading limit like other collaterized ordinary trading account, with the trade-off of higher brokerage fee.