Because there is a price difference between genuine original set and AP set, if you are buying a genuine original set (which is normally more expensive than AP set), you might want to check if your HTC smartphone is really a genuine original set, officially supported and warranty by HTC through SiS.
You might also want to ensure that you are getting a brand new unopened set, instead of otherwise a display set, etc.
Here is the way to check it. A new HTC genuine original set must fulfil all the criteria below:
- The packaging box should be sealed with SiS sticker (photo as below)
- The phone's serial no. and IMEI no. should be the same as printed on the box and at the back of the phone (in battery compartment)
- You can check if the serial no. and IMEI no. is under SiS warranty here
- Inside the box, there should be 2 stickers with same serial no. and IMEI no. for you to stick on the warranty card
- All accessories should be sealed in plastic bag, except the battery charger. There should be a cut opening on the battery charger's plastic bag, for SiS to paste the warranty sticker onto the charger
- Beside the charger, there are also SiS warranty sticker on the phone and on the battery
- The battery is already inside the phone, but the circuit is blocked with a piece of plastic, which you need to remove in order for the battery to function
- The battery should be partially charged
- At the side of the box, you can find a sticker providing instruction about HTC/SiS online product warranty registration (photo as below)
- At the other side of the box, you can find another sticker about free introductory training provided for the phone
- If you are getting an HTC Incredible S phone, the free 8GB microSD memory card should be pre-installed in the phone's memory slot
- You can register the HTC phone for warranty here. Need to scan and upload your receipt of purchase during the registration process