For your information, the Global Leadership Mentoring Congress 2008 will be held in Singapore on 4-5 August 2008 at the Ritz Carlton Hotel Ballroom. This year’s Congress organized by Research University on Leadership (RUL) in Singapore is themed “Leadership and Service Science: Research-Practice Synergy”. The Guest of Honour will be Singapore's minister Dr. Vivian Balakrishnan from Ministry of Community Development, Youth and Sports.
Leadership and Service Science are two fast-emerging fields seen as the new frontiers of the global economy and absolutely critical to business and professional success. Presently, 70% of world economies are service-driven, a major shift in the global economy. Leadership and service emphasize broad-based and multilevel leadership structures involving people, technology and co-creation of value systems. In essence, leadership and service are two sides of the new millennium coin.
This two day programme will feature academic lectures, corporate presentations, panel discussions and open dialogue with speakers. The aims of the Congress are:
- To provide an inspiring and practical update through the stories and insights of global leaders and CEOs.
- Furthering the vistas of leadership and service as a science.
- Challenge participants’ understanding of leadership, and how leadership can promote service in a nation where human capital is its main asset.
- Stretch the limits of service through multi-disciplinary considerations
- View service as an essential part of capital building in every corporation, institution and organization.
- Mr Philip Ng - CEO, Far East Organization
- Dr Loo Choon Yong - Executive Chairman, Raffles Medical Group Ltd
- Mr Ho Kwon Ping - Chairman, Mediacorp/ Chairman, SMU/ Executive Chairman, Banyan Tree Holdings Limited
- Ms Claire Chiang - President of Singapore Compact, Senior Vice President- Banyan Tree Holdings Ltd
- Ms Chua Sock Koong - CEO, SingTel Group
- Prof. Wong Yip Yan - Founder/ Group Chairman, WyWy Group of Companies
- Mr Peter Kok - Managing Director, UBS
- Ms Teresa Lim - Managing Director, IBM
- Prof. Steve Smith - Vice Chancellor, Exeter University
- Prof. Roger Maull - Professor of Management, Exeter University
- Prof. Irene Ng - Director, Centre for Service Research, Exeter University
- Dr Shirley Lim - President, Research University on Leadership/Research Communication International PL
- Dato' Dr Jannie Tay - Vice Chairman (Executive), The Hour Glass
Click here for more information and online registration to GLMC 2008.