If your family has a child at the age of 5 or 6, now it is the time to register your kid to Standard 1 in local primary school for year of entry 2012-2013. The registration is open from March until April 2011.
If you are staying in Selangor, you can register your kid online with the web registration service of JPN Selangor: Pengurusan Murid Tahun 1 Online JPN Selangor - Permohonan Penempatan Murid Tahun 1
You will need to key-in the parents detail as well as the kid's detail. Then, you can pick the primary school of your choice for application. At the end of the process, you'll be given a PIN number.
The website could be quite slow. If the page jammed for more than 10 minutes, you can try to click the Back button to go back to previous step, and resubmit again.
The online registration is only half of the whole process. After that, you will need to bring the following documents to the school you wish to register your kid for verification. Acceptance of the registration will depend on JPN Selangor.
- Birth certificate (original & photocopy)
- MyKid (original & photocopy)
- Parents' MyKad (original & photocopy)
- Marriage certificate of parents (original & photocopy)
- Utility bill with your address (TNB/water/telephone)
- Health record card of the child with vaccination records
- Self-addressed envelop of 4"x9" with 60 sen postage stamp