By default, the WiFi wireless function of the D-Link DIR-615 router that comes with TM Unifi High Speed Broadband is turned on.
If you are not going to use WiFi wireless for your network connection, you can turn it off to eliminate the WiFi radiation around you that is emitted by your D-Link DIR-615 router. This will also eliminate any possibility of intruder gain access to your network via WiFi connection. In addition, this will also free up some CPU cycles and memory resources in the D-Link DIR-615 router to serve its other functions.
Here are the steps to diable the WiFi function of the D-Link DIR-615 router that comes with TM Unifi HSBB:
- Login the router with "admin" or "operator".
- Go to Setup tab and click on the "Manual Internet Connection Setup" button.
- Go to Wireless Setup and click on the "Multiple Wireless Network Name Setup" button.
- Uncheck and also clear out all the fields in Wireless Network Name, then click the "Save Settings" button.
- You are not done yet. Click the Reboot button to restart the router.
- By now, the WiFi should be turned off. You can see the WiFi indicator light on the D-Link DIR-615 front panel is turned off.
If the WiFi indicator light is still on, your WiFi is not off yet. Check if you have missed out any of the steps above.