Recently, I managed to get a Case-Mate Tough case for my HTC Incredible S Android smartphone at a bargain price (almost the same price with my Case-Mate Barely There case).
The Case-Mate Tough case is a 2-in-1 case that provides double-layer protection to the phone, and officially claimed to be able to withstand sudden drops and accidental falls.
The inner layer is a soft rubber-like feeling silicone skin, covering up the phone (including the buttons) to provide the impact protection, and the outer layer is a hard polycarbonate shell, which is the same material with Case-Mate Barely There case, providing additional protection, as well as gripping the inner layer firmly to the phone.
- You can immediately feel that the protection to the phone is great.
- Access to the phone's power button is much better than Case-Mate Barely There case.
- It makes your phone become bulky.
- It also makes your phone heavier.
- More troublesome to wear and remove, as it consists of 2 layers.