Based on a survey commissioned by RightNow (recently acquired by Oracle) and conducted by Harris Interactive, the 2011 Customer Experience Impact (CEI) Report explores the relationship between consumers and brands.
It reveals facts about what consumers are looking for from a brand, how quickly they will dump a favourite brand, and their tendency to seek retribution after a breakup.
Well, what makes a memorable experience that causes consumers to stick with a brand?
According to the CEI survey, consumers want:
- Friendly employees or customer service representatives (73%)
- The ability to easily find the information or help they need (55%)
- Personalized experiences (36%)
- Brands with a good reputation (33%)
For consumer organizations today, good customer experience is a competitive imperative. Understanding what customers want is the 1st step in creating exceptional experiences.
When asked specifically how companies can better engage with consumers to spend more, respondents said the following:
- Improve the overall customer experience (54%)
- Make it easy to ask questions and access information before making a purchase (52%)
- Improve search functionality and overall Website usability (36%)