Thursday, September 5, 2013

My Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 (GT-N5100)

My Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 (GT-N5100) is an Android tablet with 3G and WiFi function.

The unique selling point of Samsung Galaxy Note range of products is their S-Pen, which is a button-enabled and pressure-sensitive digitizer pen (up to 1024 levels of pressure sensitivity) that enables us to do handwriting, drawing, sketching, rubber deleting, air viewing, issuing commands, and some other tricks. This is something you can't find in its sister products of Samsung Galaxy Tab series.


Another unique feature in this Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 (GT-N5100) is multi-windows, which enables us to split its screen into two for two different apps operating on the screen at the same time. (This feature is also available in some other Samsung Android devices running the Jelly Beans OS.)

Its 8" size is about the same size as an exercise book. When it is covered with my rotatable book case cover, it just looks and feels like a book. Just like the Apple iPad Mini, this size is easy to hand carry as well as store in a bag.

Interface wise, I still feel that HTC Sense UI is better than Samsung TouchWiz. It is really the S-Pen features that make the difference for this Samsung Android device.

I obtained this Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 (GT-N5100) as part of the package of The Edge 3-years Subscription bundle. It is a good bargain. I only need to pay a total of RM1,163.60 over a period of 12 months for the entire package, after getting RM250 cash back from CIMB credit card promotion.


Well, there is some hassle in registering for the 1 year warranty for this device, as I have no "vendor" to do the SMS e-Warranty registration. Instead, I managed to register the product with Samsung Cyber Service Center.


One bonus of using this Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 (GT-N5100) is that my Dropbox account gets an additional 48GB of free storage for 2 years after I linked the tablet with my Dropbox account.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hint: Click on the "Older Posts" link to continue reading, or click here for a listing of all my past 3 months articles.