Monday, October 14, 2013

My YS-189 3-to-1 HDMI switcher

My 7-years-old LCD TV only has 1 HDMI port at its back, and I have 3 audio-visual devices that can connect to it with HDMI cable.

Previously, I used to unplug and re-plug the HDMI cable to the TV to switch among the AV devices to display onto the TV. Now, I no longer need to do that as I have bought a YS-189 3-to-1 HDMI switcher at the cost of around RM50 only.

This small little HDMI switch can accept up to 3 HDMI input ports and let us select one of them to output to the TV via its output port.


Selection of channel can be done by pressing the small button beside its LED I, II or III. It can also be done by pressing the button I, II or III on the remote control that comes together with it. Better still, this HDMI switch can intelligently switch itself to the correct channel if only one HDMI source is having signal (whereby one device is turned on while the other 2 devices are turned off).

Better still, this small little HDMI switch does not need to connect to any wall socket in order to function, as it can be powered by the power source from the HDMI input. It also comes with a DC 5V connector to receive additional power source, but no power adapter is supplied together with this HDMI switch.

The back of its packaging has quite comprehensive description about this product.


This YS-189 HDMI switcher serves it function well. It is cheap in price compared with most other HDMI switches available in the market.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hint: Click on the "Older Posts" link to continue reading, or click here for a listing of all my past 3 months articles.