Mr. Boris Veldhuijzen van Zanten shared in his blog about the 10 things you should never say during presentations, which I found is very inspiring.
Here are the 10 no-no, and I believe most of us had said some or all of such sentences in our presentations before. Watch out!
- I’m very jet-lagged / tired / hungover
- I’ll get back to that later
- Can you hear me? Yes you can!
- I can’t see you because the lights are too bright
- Can you read this?
- Let me read this out loud for you
- Shut off your phone / laptop / tablet
- No need to write anything down or take photos, the presentation will be online later
- Let me answer that question right away
- I’ll keep it short