My HTC One (M8) Developer Edition smartphone received its OTA update from Android 5.01 (Lollipop) to Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) last week.
In this update, its Sense UI also upgraded from Version 6.0 to Version 7.0.
- Android Marshmallow introduces a new feature called Doze which can tremendously prolong battery life. After this update, my phone still has remaining 58% of battery after 19 hours of normal usage with several phone calls, heavy messaging, email checking, calendaring, and moderate BlinkFeed reading, Facebook, web browsing, Youtube, etc. This is really amazing to me. I believe the battery can easily last for 2 days usage without recharging with this new version of Android.
- The Navigation Bar is now user configurable. You can now add more soft buttons to it, define which buttons to show, or even hide out the entire bar.
- Now you can have control on the app permissions, defining what permissions to grant to the apps installed in the phone.
- Configurable "Do not Disturb" mode
- Option to format the SD card as internal storage.
- Home Widget that can auto-switch the icons and widgets on your home screen based on your location (Home, Work, or Out).
- More personalization to the Theme and accent colour.