Begining 1 March 2009, the e-Filing system for income tax forms BE, B, M, P and E has been made available in the website of Inland Revenue Board (a.k.a. Lembaga Hasil Dalam Negeri, LHDN).
In Malaysia, the various income tax related forms are:
- BE - For residents who are employed with no business ownership, or who run business with no income source
- B - For residents who run business with source of income
- M - Return form for non-resident
- P - Partnership business statement form
- E - Return form for employer
- C - Return form for company
- R - Statement of company's revised 108 balance
The deadline to file in the BE Form is on 30 April 2009, and the deadline for B Form is on 30 June 2009. You can either use the e-Filing system to submit the form, or fill up the related paper form and send to Inland Revenue Board before the deadline.
The online e-Filing system has been introduced to tax payers in Malaysia since 2006, and had been found buggy and problemistic in the recent years. Nevertheless, improvement has been seen, especially on last year. Hopefully, the system will be better this year.
Here are some related links:
- Homepage of e-Filing system (English)
- Homepage of e-Filing system (Malay)
- User guides for e-Filing (English)
- User guides for e-Filing (Malay)
- Website of Inland Revenue Board (English)
- Website of Inland Revenue Board (Malay)
Downloadable documents, references and forms for 2008 income tax assessment