The results of SPM and STPM have just been released recently. The famous question of "what would be a good profession with good prospect to pursue for?" again become a hot topic of discussion now.
A recent chit-chat session with my friends indeed made us found one good profession. Before I tell you the answer, here are some of the characteristics of a "good profession" that you can reference to filter from the others:
- All people need you - your service is required by almost everybody, at least a few times in their lifetime.
- Recession-proof - no matter how good or bad is the economy situation, when the time come, people still need your service.
- Money-making - you should be able to easily earn 5-figure income every month, unless you are voluntarily providing your service for charity.
- No overtime, no on call - you have fixed working hour. No overtime and no need to work during weekend. Even when urgently needed, your client still need to wait for your next working day no matter how emergency the situation will be.
- Open your own business - you can work with an organization, or open your own business with your profession and become self-employed.
- Good social status - your profession gives you a very good social status.
- Low risk working environment - your working environment is very low risk, in an air-conditioned room.
- Less stress - normally, you are not required to work under stress.
OK. Here is the answer: dentist.
And I'm sure there are some other good professions other than this. If you find any more, please do not hesitate to share out here.