My HTC One received its OTA update from Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean) to Android 4.4.2 (KitKat) yesterday (7 February 2014).
The Sense UI version remains as 5.5, so there is not much changes to the UI from previous version in this update.
Here are some of the noticeable changes found in this update:
- The battery bar in the battery icon changed colour from green (as in Android 4.3) to white.
- There is a new icon for the Quick Settings screen called HTC Mini+ which can configure the phone to pair up with a HTC Mini+ device.
- In Settings > Wireless & Networks, we can set the Default SMS app for the phone.
- BlinkFeed can restrict auto refresh to use WiFi only. Can also configure for offline news reading. Its menu is now accessed by swiping from left side of the BlinkFeed screen.
- New Location settings screen. The GPS toggle is controlled by the Mode setting here. Anyhow, you can still toggle GPS sensor on/off with the Quick Settings icon as it is still available as before.
- Change in Gallery app and Music app.
- Camera screen showing estimated video time and number of photos that can be taken with current storage available. The notorious purple-tint problem is still there, but seems to have improved from previous version (HTC One with Android 4.3 Jelly Bean has the worst purple-tint issue, worse than 4.2 and 4.4)
- Built in support for Google Cloud printing. You can find a new Printing item in Settings menu.
- New settings for Do Not Disturb found inside Sound settings.
- Can switch over to QWERTY keyboard from the T9 keyboard in call dialer, and vice-versa.