The corporate scene has witnessed a spate of privatization and take-over exercises carried out particularly over the last one year. Launching of privatizations or take-overs seem to be the trend, and many are amazed or baffled with such news reported with increasing frequency.
As a result, the Minority Shareholder Watchdog Group (MSWG) is organizing a seminar themed "Privatization & Take-Over Matters", to be held at MSWG Training Centre on 25 March 2014.
MSWG aims to look for a particular outcome from each of the current privatization or take-over bids in question to curb what is seen as short-term motivations, delivering a target listed issuer easily into the hands of the bidders.
The seminar will discuss and look at various matters and issues pertaining to privatization and take-over bids, including:
- Factors leading a listed company to consider a privatization or a take-over bids
- Review of legislations and regulatory rules governing privatization of listed companies
- Role of various parties and relationships in a privatization or a take-over bids
- Privatization or take-over implications: Voluntary general offer vs mandatory general offer scheme of arrangement (SOA), selective capital reduction/repayment, assets & liabilities acquisition, offerors and parties in concert
- Practical issues, and useful tips, Qs and As on case studies in question
Click here for more information and Registration Form of this MSWG Seminar on Privatization & Take-Over Matters.