Nowadays most of us make use of our car's cigarette lighter socket as a kind of in-car power source for our gadgets rather than its original purpose (to heat up and light a cigarette).
When we carry more and more gadgets, we might find that one power source is not enough, and we find ways to extend it.
I make use of HSC (英才星) YC-401 Car 1-to-3 Cigarette Lighter Sockets with 2 USB ports to obtain up to 5 power sources in my car.
With this gadget, now I get:
- 3x 12V/24V 5A DC cigarette lighter sockets (which can plug in car chargers of gadgets)
- 1x 5V/1A USB charging port (suitable for most handphones or GPS)
- 1x 5V/2.1A USB charging port (suitable for most tablets)
- Dual power control IC (instead of one)
- Output power of 120W supporting all kinds of gadgets including car vacuum cleaner
- Stainless steel metal contacts that won't rust
- 10A/250V fuse (the package comes with 2 fuses, one for use and one for spare)
- Power cord of 85cm long with 82 copper wires