I am switching over my traditional CIMB savings account to a new CIMB AirAsia Savers Account for better interest rate and additional benefits that come with this online savings account.
CIMB AirAsia Savers Account is an online savings account in partnership with AirAsia. It is paperless, and you won't get any passbook nor paper monthly statement. Transaction details and online statements are available in the CIMB Clicks website.
So, what's the big deal about this CIMB AirAsia Savers Account?
- It offers an interest rate from 0.15% up to 1.00%. No big deal as some other banks are giving higher rate than this, but this rate is also higher than the traditional CIMB savings account or CIMB basic savings account.
- If you maintain an average monthly balance of above RM5,000, and there is no over-the-counter transaction in that month, you will get a monthly RM5 cash rebate. Consider you are keeping RM5,000 in the account, that will translate into 5/5000 x 12 = 1.2% additional interest rate.
- If you maintain an average quarterly balance of above RM3,000, you will get automatic entries into a Quarterly Contest to win holiday packages, complimentary flights, E-Gift Vouchers and other prizes. Every average quarterly balance of RM3,000 entitles you to one automatic entry.
- If you maintain an average quarterly balance of above RM1,500, you will earn 250 AirAsia BIG Points quarterly. In my experience, the AirAsia BIG Points are very difficult to collect through buying air tickets from AirAsia, this seems to be a faster way to collect more points easily.
- If you maintain an average monthly balance of above RM3,000, you will get E-Gift Voucher on your birthday month.
- You will have priority booking benefit to grab the best deals during AirAsia sales one day before the general public.
To open a new CIMB AirAsia Savers Account from CIMB Clicks, just drop down the Apply For menu and select Savings Account. Then, select "CIMB Bank AirAsia Savers Account" under Product Type.
To link your CIMB AirAsia Savers Account with your AirAsia BIG Shot ID, click here.
If you need to lookup your AirAsia BIG Shot ID number, you can click here.
Click here to get more detail about CIMB AirAsia Savers Account from CIMB website.