Samsung produces quite a lot of flat panel TV models, which can be categorized as the 4000, 5000, 6000, 7000, 8000, and 9000 series.
Normally, the higher the number, the more features, the better in visual and audio quality, and the higher in price too.
It is still quite difficult to compare among them, without putting them together in a same table for side-by-side comparison.
Well, I found the table below (click it to enlarge) in a booklet published by Samsung called 2014 TV Collection. Perhaps the 2015 edition will be available later in the year.
This table does not provide the full set of feature comparison, but better than none.
For normal consumer, we would probably look into whether the TV model has the following or not:
- 3D movie support
- Resolution (HD = 1280x720, full HD 1080p = 1920x1080, 4k UHD = 3840x2160)
- Screen panel (normal or Ultra Clear)
- Number of built-in HDMI ports
- Number of USB ports
- Built-in wireless LAN support
- Multi-link screen (screen can split into 2: one side is the TV, another side is web browsing or app. Some models can split into 4.)
- Sound output (standard = 2x10W, enhanced = 2x10W + woofer)
- Dynamic dimming technology
- Flat panel or curved panel
- Instant on (need very short time to turn on)
- Soccer mode
- Voice control
- Built-in camera and motion control
- Smart Evolution / future ready (can be upgraded by attaching an Evolution Kit)