I applied a new HSBC Amanah Credit Card in March 2015 and was promised with a Sharp in car air purifier (worth about RM350) as signing free gift by meeting the required terms and conditions.
After waited for about half a year, I finally received this free gift from HSBC.
- Purify air by settling airborne particles and dust
- Disinfect viruses
- Deodorize bad smell
- Remove adhered mold and suspend further mold
- Remove allergens from dead dust mites and dust mite faeces
Installation is pretty easy, just need to remove its back cover to plug in the power connection cable, route the power cord to come out from either one of its two outlets (one near its middle, and another near its bottom) , then cover back the back cover. Plug the other end of the power connection cable to the car's lighter socket, and it is ready to operate.
There are 3 available operation modes:
- Low: ion density of 7,000 ions per cubic centimetre, quiet, consume less power (1.1 watt).
- High: ion density of 25,000 ions per cubic centimetre, noisier, consume more power (1.8 watt).
- Turbo: ion density of 50,000 ions per cubic centimetre, noisiest, consume most power (2.7 watt).
Now my car has 2 ionizers, the existing Medklinn mobile ionizer (I've already made an upgraded to Medklinn Asens Auto from the one shown in the linked article) and this new Sharp Plasmacluster ion generator. The Medklinn claims to be able to produce much more ions (2 millions per cubic centimetre) than the Sharp.
I have no problem connecting both of them to the car's lighter socket, as I have an HSC YC-401 Car 1-to-3 Cigarette Lighter Sockets with 2 USB ports in my car.