The International Living magazine has produced a special report to introduce the World's Top 10 Retirement Havens for 2009.
Those selected are places that can offer us a lower cost of living and with a huge improvement in our quality of life.
Excerpt: "An overnight stay in a private hospital in Mexico for as little as $35...the world’s number one retiree program in Panama...the best value for you second home dollar in Uruguay...live in the lap of luxury on a pensioner’s budget in Ecuador...hire a maid for $120 per month and enjoy beautiful Caribbean beaches in Nicaragua...enjoy the convenience of speaking English and banking privacy in Belize...experience la pura vida in Costa Rica...discover why European expats have been flocking to Brazil...learn where to find the best health care system in the entire world—France...and finally, hear about la dolce vita (at affordable prices) in Italy. "
And the world's top 10 retirement havens for 2009 are:
- Ecuador - living large on little money
- Mexico - live right on the beach for pennies on the dollar
- Brazil - 5,000 miles of beaches, fantastic weather, stately colonial cities, and mountains with spring-fresh weather
- France - good food, good wine, haute couture, a good climate, unspoiled countryside, glittering culture, excellent health care, colorful traditions and history
- Panama - you will never find yourself bored
- Nicaragua - one of the most beautiful countries in the Americas
- Italy - beautiful sceneries and quality health services
- Costa Rica - tropical climate, modern cities, Caribbean beaches, Pacific coastline, rainforests, lush valleys, and mountains
- Uruguay - First-world infrastructure and Third-world prices
- Belize - living and doing business made easy
Click here to read the full report on World Top 10 Retirement Havens for 2009 and find out more about the beauty of those places.