There are 2 strollers in my home. The left-hand-side one is a Sweet Cherry, cost RM150 (after 50% discount), and the right-hand-side one is Combi Super Mechacal DX, cost RM7xx (after 35% discount).
They have similar parts and functionalities, such as:
- Reversible handle
- Double wheel with suspension on each side
- Front swivel wheels with lock
- 3-points seat belt
- With canopy
- Removable front guard
- With storage basket
- 3 levels of reclination
- Footrest for toddler
But the Combi stroller is about 5 times the price of the Sweet Cherry. What make the different then? Here are the features of the Combi stroller that justify its higher price:
- It is very light weight. The metal material is different.
- The fabric material is different too. The baby can stay in it for hours without feeling hot or unconfortable. My son used to sleep in it during daytime.
- The seat cushion is more soft and comfortable.
- The seat cushion is fully removeable and washable.
- The suspension is pretty good. It is not so bumpy when going through uneven lands.
- It is more compact when folded.
- Its seat belt can hold the baby better and more comfortable.
- Its front guard is soft. Not made by hard plastic.
- It comes with shoulder strap for convenient carrying when folded.
- Its canopy has sufficient ventilation windows, and can fully cover until the front guard.
All in all, I find the Combi Super Mechacal DX well worth for its price. If you plan to buy a stroller for your baby/toddler, although price is a major consideration, convenience (to you) and comfortability (to the baby/toddler) are also important considerations that should not be neglected.