For most of us as employee, it is undoubtedbly we have to spend at least 1/3 of our time in a working day for our job, and it is estimated that most people work for a total of 60,000 hours over a period of about 30 years in their lifetime. Remember our "HISC5"? Career definitely forms one of those important elements that make up our life.
Are you happy with your job? Have you identified your career goal and found your dream job? Would you rather be doing something other than what you are doing now?
Loving what you do, having interest, being passionate and always be motivated are some of the key success factor to us to excel in our career. Being on the right track of career is in turn a key success factor for our life value, social status and financial rewards.
Noelle Lim has featured an interesting and excellent 12-pages article in the July 2008 edition (Issue #83) of Personal Money magazine which I find is pretty inspiring. In the article, she elaborated on the 4 steps to land your dream job, namely:
- Define your dream career
- Find out more
- Network and gain experiences
- How to nail that job
Along with the article, there are touching stories of 6 people who are bold and determined to leave their comfort zone and pursuit for their dream job, and they succeed. Featured on the cover page of the magazine, they are:
- Claire Kwok - from finance associate to fashion buyer
- Nazrin Hassan - from managing a busines in CIMB to giving entrepreneurs a helping hand in Cradle fund
- Alexandra Wong - from sales manager to writer
- Fiona Lim - from SAP team lead to photographer
- Toh Kong Eu - from chemical engineer to tap dancer and destiny consultant
- Rosie Hong - from marketing manager to MD of marketing agency
If you are interested in this topic, I encourage you to read the full article in the July 2008 edition (Issue #83) of Personal Money magazine.