I learnt about this tips from a member in AOCM forum to check for the total running hours of Samsung LCD or Plasma TV. It is reported that this method tested and works for several models of the Samsung TV, and it works for my 32" LCD TV too.
Here are the steps:
1. Switch on the power to the TV and let it be in the standby mode. Do not turn on the TV.
2. Pick up the remote control, and quickly press the following buttons in sequence:
Info -> Menu -> Mute -> Power.
3. You must be fast enough to press the magic sequence to enter the technical calibration menu screen, or else you will just end up switching on to the normal TV channel.
4. Once you reach the screen of technical calibration main menu, you will be able to see the running hours shown at the top left corner of the screen.
5. Press the Power button to exit the technical calibration screen and put the TV back to standby mode. Do not make any change to the technical setting of your TV unless you know exactly what you are doing.
This is useful if a new Samsung TV is just delivered to your home, and you need to ensure that you are not getting a display unit or 2nd hand unit which has run for many hours.