Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Have you LinkedIn?

I tend to ignore those email invitations asking to join social networking sites such as Facebook, Friendster, Hi5, etc. Those sites give me the impression that they are for the youngsters looking for dating partners and/or sharing living photos, and somehow don't catch much interest to a married person who have already left the university campus for years like me.

Until recently, I received an email from a friend who is about my age of thirty plus, and well known to be serious at work, inviting me to join his network in LinkedIn. Out of curiousity, I signed in, and I Linked In.

LinkedIn really makes a different and unique from most other social networking sites, as it is targetted to working people in the business and professional groups. There, I found people I know at work and linked to them. I found those executive recruiters who had contacted me and matched the jobs for me before. I also found my schoolmates and got to know their latest whereabout with their trail of C.V. after leaving school. I could also find those famous people in the industries and professional areas. In summary, this site is about contacts, relationships and opportunities focusing on business and career.

After I sent out some invitation to my contacts to link with me, I found that many are new to LinkedIn and just created their account following my invitation to them. I wonder, have you Linked In or interested to get Linked In?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hint: Click on the "Older Posts" link to continue reading, or click here for a listing of all my past 3 months articles.